RE: rman failure ORA-04030 indicates memory issue

  • From: Deen Dayal <deen.dayal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 09:25:43 -0400

I am new to web applications. I have a basic question related connection
pooling.
How does connection pool handle the session variables?
Say there are 2 connections in the pool
Say an application grabbed a connection from the pool say SID of the session
is 100

It updated Table emp and prompted user A for save/cancel to commit/rollback.

At this point in time user A either closed his browser or switched the PC
off.

After few moments another user B launched another browser and launched the
application grabbed the same session SID 100 ( Assuming that earlier
connection was returned to the pool ) made some changes and committed it.
Now whether the changes made by A are also committed??
If user A's application had set certain packaged variables then what happens
to them? Whether they are all retained or reset?
If they are all cleaned up, who does it? app server or JDBC driver?

Thanks
Deen