Re: rman duplicate fails to identify file

  • From: mhthomas <qnxodba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tricia_mckellar@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 19:44:10 -0400

Hi,

in-line

On Apr 6, 2005 5:38 PM, Tricia McKellar <tricia_mckellar@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,

> but rman seems to get stuck on the backup pieces.  The backup files do
> exist.  I've been rman'ing to disk only (not tape).  I've tried copying
> the backup pieces to the dup host, but it still gets stuck.  Ideas?

In case I missed the obvious, are you running catalog or nocatalog?

You said disk, so I'd guess no catalog. If nocatalog you may want to
dump control file to trace (see asktom for simple instructions) and
look at /all/ the file names, or first look in the various v$ views.
You might find what is wrong. HTH.

Regards,

Mike Thomas
Raleigh, NC :-)