RE: rman - backup plus archivelog

  • From: "Walker, Jed S" <Jed_Walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "peter.schauss@xxxxxxx" <peter.schauss@xxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 15:35:44 +0000

Yes, the annoying RMAN-08137. I changed my standby to do the following
create global script dg_standby_full
{
backup database plus archivelog;
delete noprompt archivelog all completed before 'sysdate-1';
delete noprompt obsolete;
}

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Walker, Jed S

backup database plus archivelog delete input;

This will delete the archivelogs that were backed up. If you're running
DataGuard then this, in my experience, won't work and you have to use commands
like T.J. provided.