Re: revenue hike - 10.2.0.2

  • From: "Mark Brinsmead" <pythianbrinsmead@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 21:02:24 -0600

This is nothing new.  It has happened to me almost every time I've patched
Standard Edition since maybe 9.2.4.

If you ask Oracle Support about it, they'll probably tell to extract a
library from the 10.2.0.1 installation media, drop it into $ORACLE_HOME/lib,
and relink.  If you ask *really* nicely, they might even tell you *how*.
;-)

Now, I haven't personally encountered this in 10.2 (haven't had occasion to
patch that release yet), but I'm will to bet its the same thing.  Given that
the Oracle documentation essentially ignores the existance of Standard
Edition, why shouldn't the patchsets?

On 6/7/06, Paul Drake <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

*After Applying 10.2.0.2 Patchset Standard Edition Banner Displays As Enterprise Edition **Note:372400.1*

Symptoms After applying  the 10.2.0.2 patchset to 10.2.0.1 Standard
Edition on Windows the banner now displays as Enterprise Edition.

Paul

#/etc/init.d/init.cssd stop If you find yourself using the word "telnet" somewhere, be it in an email or a conversation, please stop and say "I'm sorry, I meant to use ssh instead."

-- Cheers, -- Mark Brinsmead Staff DBA, The Pythian Group http://www.pythian.com/blogs