Re: restrict user login to database?

  • From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, dba1 mcc <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 22:55:55 +0100

Shutting the listener down is often efficient for preventing access from a client ... Otherwise a login trigger can sometimes work wonders to make a user understand that he isn't really welcome. You can check the contents of some table and, depending on the contents and the current user, allow or deny using the database.

The problem is that none of these solutions solves the issue of people who are already connected when they shouldn't. I presume that your problem is to perform maintenance operations on an application that shares the database with another application that must keep on running?

Stephane Faroult

On Mon Dez 18 22:35 , dba1 mcc sent:

we have ORACLE 9ir2 on LINUX server. I knew I can
startup database on "restrict mode" and only allow DBA

Does there has other way to allow only dedicate users

Do You Yahoo!?