Re: restarting a 8.1.7 -> 9.2.0 upgrade

  • From: "M Rafiq" <rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jwilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, MATT.ADAMS@xxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 12:35:07 -0400

Yes, this script can be run again if it failed/crashed during upgrade. Just
make sure you have put database in  NOarchivelog mode as it writes a lot and
generates a lot of redo logs.

I have faced it couple of time and I started it again from 'startup migrate'
and then applied upgrade script.

If java objects installed then you have to increase shared_pool_size to
150MB+ and java_pool_size to 150MB+ during upgrade process then put it back
to original size.

Regards
Rafiq

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jwilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Adams, Matthew (GE Consumer & Industrial)" <MATT.ADAMS@xxxxxx>
CC: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: restarting a 8.1.7 -> 9.2.0 upgrade
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 00:36:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Adams, Matthew (GE Consumer & Industrial) wrote:

 > Anybody know where it might be documented whether=20
 > the upgrade script can be restarted if the machine
 > crashes during the upgrade? (as it just did)

If you mean can you rerun u0801070.sql, I think you can without
adverse effects.

Or you can look at where it left off in your spool file (you are
spooling output, right?), and just execute the rest of u0801070.sql.

--
Jeremiah Wilton
http://www.speakeasy.net/~jwilton