Re: replication

  • From: Ranko Mosic <ranko.mosic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vlajos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:53:07 -0500

Hi,
data to be archived can be moved ( I assume to another Oracle database) by:
- pl/sql procedures over database link; only relevant data is moved accross
and massaged on destination ; this is the easiest way
- advanced replication ( too much trouble)
- Oracle Streams ( I like it; have no production experience with it though);
uses archive logs
- to standby database ( data guard ); archived logs are applied at
destination database;
- triggers on source database ( which is also how adv replication works -
using internal triggers)
- even export/import ( some data massaging should happen prior to export
being done; then also on target)

Regards, Ranko