Re: relink OMS oracle home

  • From: Tony van Lingen <tony_vanlingen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:44:07 +1000

Joel,

From the header comments in $ORACLE_HOME/bin/relink on a Solaris 10 box it appears that either 'relink all' or 'relink oemagent' should do it. This is from a 10gR2 home:

#    DESCRIPTION
#      performs manual relinking of Oracle product executables based
#      on what has been installed in the ORACLE_HOME.
#      script calls appropriate makefile targets for the following
#      accepted script parameters:
#        all -- everything which has been installed
#        oracle -- oracle database executable only
#        network -- net_client, net_server, cman, names
#        client -- net_client, plsql
#        client_sharedlib
#        interMedia -- ctx
#        ctx --Oracle Text Utilities
#        precomp -- all precompilers which have been installed
#        utilities -- utilities and sqlplus
#        oemagent -- oemagent
#        ldap -- ldap/oid executables
#

On our installations sysman is in the same OH as the database, but then we don't run grid..

As an aside, I didn't think you'd have to relink as Solaris should be upgradeable without breaking the ABI, at least between Solaris 8, 9 and 10?

Cheers,
Tony

Around 21/01/2010 5:48 AM, Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx said:

I can use Relink all for Database Homes.

For agent homes, I can use, not sure about relink all:

   cd <$AGENT_ORACLE_HOME>/sysman/lib

   make -f ins_emagent.mk agent

for agent homes.

What do I use for OMS ORACLE_HOME or what do you use? I've googled and searched MOS, but don't wish to create an SR for this.

(Upgrading solaris OS to newer version on Sparc).