re Grid Control Problem

  • From: "Newman, Christopher" <cjnewman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 08:12:05 -0500

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:34:58 -0400
From: Stuart Blackburn <sblackbu@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Grid Control Problem

Hi, was wondering if anybody has a solution to this.  It's probably a
pretty basic solution, but I can't seem to find a solution anywhere
online.  I've installed agents on several servers and all of the targets

are being monitored by my management server.  BUT....for some reason all

my database instances are in status "Metric Collection Error" and when I

click Configure I just receive the following error on every one:

oracle.sysman.emSDK.emd.comm.CommException

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Stuart

Check out metalink NOTE:362819.1.  Also paste the output of your emctl
status command from your EM.  Make sure everything is using fully
qualified names.  The agent's name should be hostname.domainname.  You
might have to rediscover the targets after you make the changes.

- Chris