Re: raw device

  • From: "LS Cheng" <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrew.Kerber@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 16:28:56 +0200

If you want to use raw make sure manage them with LVM!

Thanks

--
LSC

On 7/5/07, Kerber, Andrew W. <Andrew.Kerber@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 I agree with you.  Any performance you may think you gain by use of raw
devices is hard to measure, and offset by the additional administrative
problems associated with raw devices.  However, I just want to have a better
idea of how they need to be set up and managed, at the very least so I can
argue the merits with the Unix types.