From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of John Smith
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 7:07 PM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: rac user equivalence

Not precisely oracle, but related.  Trying to set up user equivalence on redhat
5.  When I ssh from node 2 to node 1, connecting as oracle, it works fine, no
problems.

But when I ssh from node 1 to node 2 as oracle, it immediately closes the
connection after entering the password.  This happens no matter what user id I
connect from to the oracle account.

I can ssh to other accounts on rac2, but not the oracle account.

ssh_config and sshd_config are identical, as are hosts.allow and hosts.deny.
Anyone have any ideas?

[root@rac2 ssh]# ssh oracle@rac1
oracle@rac1's password:
Last login: Wed Apr  7 15:48:24 2010 from rac2
[oracle@rac1 ~]$

[oracle@rac1 ~]$ ssh oracle@rac2
oracle@rac2's password:
Connection closed by 192.168.2.223