RE: rac: service failover when multiple instances are listed as "available"

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 13:46:12 +0200

Jaffar,

Thanks for your quick answer.

My question is not about the failover of the session, but about the failover of
the service itself.
Say I have a db service which has instance A as the preferred instance and
instance B and C as available instances.

Now, when the node on which instance A runs fails, on which node will the db
service relocate?

Kind regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime