RE: quick pl/sql question

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:41:00 -0400

Well, get rid of the authid current user since that part doesn't work =
for your needs.  If cerebrus is going to own the procedure then that's =
the one who needs select on whatever table or view is buried in there.  =
In my case I explicitly granted select on tables like dba_users (or the =
underlying tables) to the proc owner.=20

The package code is wrapped so I couldn't figure out exactly what =
objects can't be seen.  You could try creating the object in sys schema =
instead of cerebrus and then granting execute on it.  This thing can be =
made to work but maybe not in conformance with acceptable practices.  I =
have been referring to Scott Urman's 8i Advanced PL/SQL Programming =
Book. =20

The key line in the book for this problem is, "A subprogram executes =
under the privileges that have been granted explicitly to it's owner, =
not via a role."

I'm guessing Hangdam is like a security/admin person?  Can user Hangdam =
execute dbms_resource_manager_privs.grant_switch_consumer_group outside =
of the proc?