RE: query performance - getting started

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 08:50:53 -0400

Query performance continued.

We have a very complicated Materialized view, and a view that utilizes the MV.
 We cannot use Fast refresh - a complete refresh is necessary.   The app can
decide when the view is refreshed, and can execute dbms_refresh when necessary.

Essentially all records are truncated, and the view is rebuilt as part of the
complete refresh.    So, is this just as easy, efficient as any other method
such as Temp tables, Truncating a permanent table and re-inserting, or other?

Moving forward,

JP