Re: production service stopping - head stratcher...

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 07:45:58 -0800 (PST)

Nope.  We regularly do scans on our none db files and I had them scan the db
files just to
  be sure.

Peter McLarty <peter.mclarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Hi Kathy

Sounds like a virus scanner getting into your Oracle installation

Cheers

Peter

On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 12:23 -0800, kathy duret wrote:   The OracleServicexxx
service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).      Faulting
application oracle.exe, version 9.2.0.6, faulting module kernel32.dll, version
5.2.3790.2919, fault address 0x00015e02.      Windows 2003   9.2.0.6      My
production service on Window 2003 is stopping intermediately with the errors
above.  There are no trace files, no core dumps, nothing from the hardware,
nothing except those errors in the event view.      It happens frequently on
Tuesdays at 6:00 ish but not always.  I can't track it to any one user or
process that might   be doing this.      I do have an SR open with Oracle and
haven't gotten anywhere.      I have deleted the service, bounced the box,
recreated the service and rebounced the box.      Nothing has been done to this
box except for the normal windows patches.       Anybody run into this before?
This has been very stable for us and we do reboot the box every
 2 months or so to update the microsoft patches.      Thanks,      Kathy