Re: problems with dblink in oracle 10.2.0.2

  • From: genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Rodd Holman <Rodd.Holman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 15:56:11 -0600

Didn't seem to help. I am still getting this error. Thanks for the info
anyway

thank you

Gene Gurevich

             Rodd Holman
             <Rodd.Holman@gmai
             l.com>                                                     To
                                       genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             02/01/2007 10:00                                           cc
             AM                        oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: problems with dblink in oracle
                                       10.2.0.2

Not sure if this relates to this specific issue.
Do you have SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = <something>
in your sqlnet.ora file?  If so set it to NONE.  This is described in
Note: 1021276.6 on metalink

genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I have spend 2 weeks trying to get help from Oracle support on this (time
> well wasted). Here is my issue.
> I am running oracle 10.2.0. on aix 5.3 on a local server and on a remote
> server. I have oracle id externally
> authenticated on both sides. I can connect as sqlplus / to local DB and
as
> sqlplus /@remoteDB.
> I have created a db link on a local database :
>
> create database link remoteDB using 'remoteDB'
>
> When I try to use it I get an error:
>
> desc user_tables@remoteDB

>  ERROR:

>  ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

>  ORA-02063: preceding line from PCCS03 (this is my remote DB)

> The remote instance is up (I can tnsping id and connect via sqlplus).
What