problems after installing 10g R2 on win2000

  • From: <t_adolph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:04:10 +0100

Hi all,

I recently installed 10g rel 2 on my win 2000 box.  Since the have had a battle
to run any 9i stuff, eg dbca and pl/sql Developer.

I've fixed the dbca problem thanks for posts on this forum (thanks), but my
pl/sql Developer is not very happy:

Almost all queries cause the following error : "ORA-01460: unimplemented or
unreasonable conversion requested"  From the sql window this is only annoying,
but the GUI functionallity no longer works, e.g. to view/edit a table fails, to
describe an table fails.... etc

So far I've tried:

1)  The same fix as for the dbca, i.e. I've created a bat file that sets the
environment before starting the GUI:

------------------ bat file ---------------------
set PATH=<removed all 10g components, only 9i components plus origonal PATH
from before 10g>
set ORACLE_BASE=D:\oracle
set ORACLE_HOME=D:\oracle\ora92
set NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252
set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=%ORACLE_HOME%\lib
d:
cd "D:\PLSQL Developer"
"D:\PLSQL Developer\PLSQLDev.exe"

2) I've explicitly set the OCI library from within PL/SQL Developer :
    Tools->Preferences OCI Library = D:\oracle\ora92\bin\oci.dll
and set the ORACLE_HOME as apposed to letting it be auto-detected.

But still no good.  PL/SQL Dev still doesn't want to play the game.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers
Tony