Re: problem about full scan temporary table

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wqhhp@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 11:40:58 +0100

The space of the private copy of the temporary table is allocated in the temporary tablespace - so it is
allocated one extent at a time as you need the space,
and extra extents are allocated as each extent becomes
full.

By default, the temporary tablespace is locally managed with uniform extents of 1MB.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ