From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of fmhabash
Sent: woensdag 15 juni 2011 16:05
To: Oracle L
Subject: primary configured with max performance (all defaults), yet creator
still shows LGWR

Hi all,
Using RDBMS 11.2, I configured my primary remote destination as follows ...

log_archive_dest_2             SERVICE=BostonStby DB_UNIQUE_NAME=BostonStby

If the process is not specified, it defaults to ARCH.

However, when I examine primary v$archived_log I see
creator/registerar=LGWR not ARCH.

What is it showing LGWR instead of ARCH?

THREAD#    SEQUENCE#  CREATOR REGISTR
---------- ---------- ------- -------
          2      12181 LGWR    LGWR
          1      20061 LGWR    LGWR
          1      20062 LGWR    LGWR
          2      12182 LGWR    LGWR
          1      20063 LGWR    LGWR
          1      20064 LGWR    LGWR
          2      12183 LGWR    LGWR
          1      20065 LGWR    LGWR
          2      12184 LGWR    LGWR
          1      20066 LGWR    LGWR
          1      20067 LGWR    LGWR

Also, v$managed_standby shows client_process (last row)

PROCESS   STATUS      THREAD#  SEQUENCE# STATUS      DELAY_MINS CLIENT_P
--------
ARCH      CONNECTED        0       0 CONNECTED           0 ARCH
ARCH      CONNECTED        0       0 CONNECTED           0 ARCH
ARCH      CONNECTED        0       0 CONNECTED           0 ARCH
ARCH      CONNECTED        0       0 CONNECTED           0 ARCH
RFS      IDLE            0       0 IDLE           0 UNKNOWN
RFS      IDLE            0       0 IDLE           0 UNKNOWN
RFS      IDLE            2      12214 IDLE           0 LGWR