RE: point in time recovery when there is no backup ?

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx" <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>, Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 20:54:51 +0100

The only thing I can think of is, if it has been enabled, with flashback
database.
To verify if flashback database has been enabled query the v$database view for
the column flashback_on. If is has been enabled you can query
v$flashback_database_log for the oldest time to which you can flash back.

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator