Re: perf tuning

  • From: Greg Rahn <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 06:21:29 -0800

Performance tuning is really about identifying problems (root cause)
and then applying solutions to those problems.  That process and logic
does not change with database versions.

I would suggest (as a starting point) catching up on the Oracle manuals as well:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e10822/toc.htm
or if you want 10g version
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b28051/toc.htm

--