Re: pdksh on CentOS -5

Thanks everyone for you replies.

I do understand that CentOS is not supported. But CentOS is the binary
equivalent to Oracle. As per my limited knowledge in this area, CentOS did
exactly same thing as Oracle. Take everything from Redhat and change the
brand name. As the environment I was setting is up for a POC , I had to
choose an open source platform. I even downloaded from the Oracle dump from
"OTN" and not from edelivery..

Regarding the pdksh requirement, As the note 169706.1, pdksh is a
requirement for RHEL/OEL 4. for RHEL5 , we need to refer Note
880936.1<https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&id=880936.1&type=NOT>.
This document no where specifies about pdksh. What surprises me is that,
pdksh is not even present in the distribution media. I remember having it in
CentOS 4 though. Could any please confirm that it is present on RHEL5 media
as well.

I didnt tried installing it from yum though. But the strange thing is that
http://public-yum.oracle.com/repo/EnterpriseLinux/EL5/2/base/i386/ doesn't
have any reference to pdksh at all. So is openmotif21.We have only
openmotif22.

Could any please confirm , whether RHEL/OEL media for 5.2 version contains
pdksh or openmotif21 rpm's. If they are there, I can confirm that CentOS is
no more similar to RHEL.

Thanks again for all your help.

Regards,
Ravi.M