Re: pdksh on CentOS -5

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 17:02:21 +0100

Isn't this the difference between supported and certified that Oracle like
to maintain?

Niall Litchfield

On Jun 4, 2010 3:49 PM, "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 3:16 AM, Ravi Madabhushanam <
ravi.madabhushanam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > > Hello A...
You probably already know that CentOS is not a supported platform.

If not, now you do.  :)

One thing you may not know is that even with supportable versions of Linux
(RedHat and Oracle) you are supposed to install *everything from the Linux*
**distribution for the platform to be supportable.  Including games.

I don't know that they would try to actually enforce that, but the point is
that
maybe you didn't check off something in the OS install that Oracle requires.

This is the first time though I've heard of pdksh being a requirement.

As for openmotif21, having openmotif22 does not fulfill that requirement.
There must be a reason for the specific version.

HTH

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com