pdksh on CentOS -5

  • From: Ravi Madabhushanam <ravi.madabhushanam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 15:46:10 +0530

Hello All,

I'm trying to install 11gR2 and Application server on CentOS 5.2 server.
During 11gR2 installation OUI complained about pdksh not being installed.
This rpm is not present in the default rpm list in MOS. After raising an
Oracle SR , analyst confirmed that it is not needed.

Also AS installation is complaining about openmotif21 rpm along with pdksh.
But I can find openmotif22 on the installation media . Did anyone faced
these issues? or am I missing something critical here.  Also why am I
supposed to install pdksh when we already have ksh installed as part of
pre-req's.

Thanks you very much.

Regards,
~Ravi.M