RE: pa-risc to itanium migration

  • From: "Fahrenfort, Keith (HP Shared Solutions Architect for Oracle)" <keith.fahrenfort@xxxxxx>
  • To: Renato M <renatomelogomes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:39:09 +0000

Good point Renato - there is a section in Metalink note 400227.1 "How To
Install Oracle RDBMS Software On Itanium Servers With Montecito Processors", on
how to ensure you have the correct Java version during the install of 9.2.x on
HP-UX/Itanium.

Thanks! Regards!
________________________________
Please let me know if you prefer to not receive email from me.

<blocked::http://www.hp.com/><blocked::http://www.hp.com/>

Keith Fahrenfort
Solutions Architect - Hewlett Packard
Solution Design Services for Oracle
Shared Solutions Architecture
HP Americas Solution Architecture
Call 1.800.424.0993 option2 or email pss@xxxxxx<mailto:pss@xxxxxx> to reach the
Solution Design Team
<mailto:keith.fahrenfort@xxxxxx>
http://www.hp.com/go/oracle<blocked::http://www.hp.com/go/oracle>

For HP's privacy policy and contact information, please see
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/privacy.html<blocked::http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/privacy.html>
________________________________

________________________________
From: "Hammond, Charles E." <CEHAMMON@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 15:58:14 -0500
Subject: pa-risc to itanium migration

Good day all,
I would appreciate hearing of any experiences of Oracle database migration from
HP-UX PA-RISC to HP-UX Itanium, especially relative to Oracle spincount, cursor
sharing, HP-UX config, and any other lurking gems.

Environment:

Oracle: 9.2.0.7<http://9.2.0.7> EE, OLTP avg sustained connects: ~3900
HP PA-RISC: HP9000/800/rp8420, 14 cpus, 48877mb, os: 11.11
HP Itanium: rx 7640, 12 cpus, 49017mb, os: 11.23
SAN: EMC, 1GB interconnects, single NIC

Thanks.