osh/oraenv for users w/ low file size limit ? not for scripts?

Apologies for the trivial question, but I realized
today that I don?t understand how osh (kicked off from
oraenv) supposed to work with scripts for users with
low file size limit.

Running oraenv (that fires osh) works like a charm
interactively, bumping up the ulimit (as osh is owned
by root and has the suid bit set). If oraenv appears
at the beginning of a script however, since it runs
?exec osh?, it replaces the current shell (without
forking off a child process and no longer returning
control to the parent shell) so the rest of the script
doesn?t execute.

Is osh (and by extension oraenv for users with low
file size limit) not meant to be used in scripts?

As in:

test1.sh (script template):
----
echo "before " $$
ulimit
. ./test2.sh
echo "after " $$ # how to get to this line
                 # with increased ulimit?
ulimit

test2.sh (simplified oraenv)
----