oraenv for RAC

  • From: "Charles Schultz" <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:09:36 -0500

Good day,

For those of you who have used RAC for a while and have some good oraenv
tricks/scripts, do you mind sharing? Obviously, it is not hard to modify it
(and we have), but I am looking for the "best" oraenv. *grin*
What I have now will set two different variables, one for the instance on
the local node and another for the database (defaulting the ORACLE_SID to
the local instance). I found it is also handy to have a "chooser" (pick
list) for those that are slowly getting over the idea that the instance is
not the same as the database.

I found some simple examples from google, but nothing that was really
satisfying.

tia

--
Charles Schultz