Re: oracle sid

  • From: Chirag DBA <chiragdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kurth, Michael J." <mkurth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 16:40:11 -0400

What m I missing?
 $ echo $ORACLE_SID
admdev
$ ps -ef|grep pmon
oracle 10469 1 0 Sep 02 ? 0:00 ora_pmon_admdev
oracle 10591 1 0 Sep 01 ? 0:00 ora_pmon_admdevs4 --> Another pmon process
oracle 2690 27665 0 16:36:54 pts/11 0:00 grep pmon
$ export ORACLE_SID=admdevs4
ORACLE_SID=admdevs4: is not an identifier
$ export ORACLE_SID admdevs4
$ echo $ORACLE_SID
admdev

Is this Strange or Im missing something? I know there is a second case. but
what..
 Regards - Chirag