Re: oracle platform statistics

  • From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Betty.Huang@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 09:25:49 +0530

Yes, I think, if you are going to count the installations for commercial
purpose, then you may find solaris installations are more, then may be
linux.
for downloads(i.e. to play around, self eudcation etc),  windows platform
may be preferred, laptops and desktops comes with windows at affordable
prices and also the maintenance, trouble shooting, configuration of hi
speed broad bands internet may not be a big issue.  5-6 years back, I used
to prefer rhel

thanks..subodh

On 21 February 2012 06:18, <Betty.Huang@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Yesterday, I've got a question from someone: what's the percentage of
> different OS platforms Oracle runs on? Like about what percentage Oracle
> runs on Linux, what percentage on HP-UX, etc... he needs a rough statistics.
>
> I googled and only find this one:
> http://dba-oracle.com/t_solaris_hpux_aix_linux_windows.htm
>
> It says that in IOUG 2006 Oracle survey, Solaris is the most popular one,
> following Windows and Linux, then HP-UX, then AIX. Since this survey is
> quite old, I'd like to ask if anyone happened to have some updated
> information about this?
>
> Thanks for your time!
>
> Thanks and Best Regards,
> Betty
>

> --
> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

Love me or Hate me both are in my Favour.
Love me, I am in your Heart. Hate me, I am in your Mind.