Re: oracle memory usage + 11.2.0.1 + RHEL 5

  • From: amit bansal <amit.bansal82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: big.dave.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 10:27:30 +0530

Chris,

Is this linux? Give output of /proc/meminfo

I noticed this when we had allocated hugepages (rhel4 u8) and because of
incorrect ulimit setting it was not being used. As OS has already reserved
the memory for hugepages , database took rest memory and also consumed lot
of swap. I believe you too  are  facing same issue
Regards
Amit
http://askdba.org/weblog/