Re: oracle linux

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 11:54:45 +0100

On Thu, 27 May 2004 06:46:35 -0700, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 05:49, Beon Smal wrote:
> > Who cares, Larry doesn't like M$ in any case.
> I care, since I have no choice but to work with
> Windows, and a developer that writes for Windows.

Yes all those corporate desktops running linux are a key target market
for application developers these days. Oops I forgot we are supposed
to have 8 tiers instead of 2 for ease of use reasons.

> The ODBC support is, shall we say, less than stellar.

is there any reason you can't use ado or .net? The support for these
is a lot better.
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.
Archives are at