From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joseph S. Testa
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 7:56 AM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: oracle linux

from slashdot.org

An anonymous reader writes /"According to a CNET News article: 'Oracle
will finish switching its 9,000-person in-house programming staff to
Linux by the end of 2004 <http://news.com.com/2100-7344_3-5220881.html>,
the database powerhouse said Wednesday. In October, the company finished
the Linux transition for the 5,000 programmers of its Oracle
Applications software. Now the transformation has begun for those who
work on the database product, said Wim Coekaerts, director of Linux
engineering, in an interview at the CeBit trade show in New York.'"

link to the full story:

http://news.com.com/2100-7344_3-5220881.html

/

**DISCLAIMER
This e-mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended for the =
use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may contain=
 information that is privileged, proprietary and confidential. If you are n=
ot the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the =
message or any information contained in the message. If you have received t=
his communication in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail=
 message. The contents do not represent the opinion of D&E except to the ex=
tent that it relates to their official business.