Re: oracle installation on AIX pls help

  • From: "Anant " <shastry17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 20:36:01 +0530

Hi Nilesh,

I believe that you are facing problem with the user. I think you are trying
to run the installer as root or someother user. First part, Check whether
you have created an Oracle user and included this in to DBA group.Secondly,
Login as "Oracle" user and try running the runinstaller.sh, it should work.
Even I had similar kind of problem and could resolve the issue by doing
this. Let us know if any further problems exists.

reg,
Anant

On 6/17/07, Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Chances are that the installer window is being displayed on the system
console (but I expect that you aren't doing the install from the system
console.