Re: oracle clusterware: stonith

  • From: "LS Cheng" <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: raindoctor@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:53:42 +0200

Well

I think Oracle Clusterware does something like STONITH, the node evicts the
other node/s, stonith is an algorithm and what Oracle Clusterware does is
something similar, when a node is ill the healthy node evicts it (shoots the
other node?)

In Linux we have hang check timer and in UNIX oprocd to fence if CRS is not
able to.

Has anyone see a RAC data corruption due to Clusterware unable to shoot
itself?

Not expert here neither ;-)

Thanks

--
LSC

On 6/25/07, Pedro Espinoza <raindoctor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does oracle clusterware remotely power reset? If I recall correctly
from what I have read from Kevin Closson's blog, it is not so.
However, this presentation by an oracle insider claims that they
support stonith.

On slide 11:

IO fencing via stonith algorithm (remote power reset).

http://oukc.oracle.com/static05/opn/oracle9i_database/40168/053107_40168_source/index.htm

Thanks, Pedro.