Re: oracle application server for peoplesoft

  • From: Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joan.hsieh@xxxxxxxxx, oracle_l <ORACLE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, psftdba <psftdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 10:01:27 -0800 (PST)

It has been a couple of years (circa version 9.0.4) that I used OAS on AIX, but
I recall that AIX had a LOT of platform-specific bugs for OAS. Beware--look for
the ML notes on OAS patchsets and latest updates to find most of them. I'd
prefer to run OAS on windows before I'd run it on AIX personally (many of you
have the same negative feelings about windows I'm sure, so that's saying a
lot).

Like I said, it's been a while, though, and I doubt things could have gotten
worse (only one way to go when you're at the bottom). I don't have any specific
PS or recent experience on AIX to share, though.

Good luck!
Dan