RE: oracle EE pricing

  • From: William Muriithi <william.muriithi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pythianbrinsmead@xxxxxxxxx" <pythianbrinsmead@xxxxxxxxx>, "WLJohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <WLJohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 09:20:00 -0600

I have clients who have operated for years without a support agreement (and
without patching).  But I would not voluntarily choose this myself, though.

I am curious, would this still be acceptable to Oracle?  I have always assumed
that you are only allowed to play with it, for testing and learning. The moment
you attach a business around it, you have to part with money, even if you do
not need patching and support.

Please do not infer that I am putting you in a tight corner. I have thought
twice before sending this, but concluded you would be okay since you are the
one who brought it up in the first place.

Bill