Re: oracle EE pricing

  • From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd@xxxxxxxxx>, pythianbrinsmead@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 07:17:31 -0800 (PST)

I just gotta say how much I love these kind of threads!   Oracle licensing and
the verbage they use to get the most money out of any company's Oracle
environment while the folks purchasing said licenses are simultaneously working
through the text to find a way to get everything for less is just like watching
a really good rugby match... :)

Kellyn Pedersen
Multi-Platform DBA
I-Behavior Inc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen
www.dbakevlar.blogspot.com

"Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell script..."

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Mark Brinsmead

Yeah, $10K to license Oracle SE-1 on a 12-core database server

(And you can build a pretty darned powerful database server on SE-1 these days!)

Cheers,
-- Mark Brinsmead
  Senior DBA,
  The Pythian Group