Re: oracle EE pricing

  • From: Mark Brinsmead <pythianbrinsmead@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: William Muriithi <william.muriithi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:09:30 -0700

Do not confuse "license" and "support agreement".  Licenses are required for
any use of Oracle database outside of an OTN agreement.

Support Agreements, however, are entirely "optional", at least to the best
of my knowledge they are.  :-)

Operating without Support is only risky, and some businesses seem to be
comfortable with that risk.  Operating without a license is criminal, and
very very expensive if you get caught.

--
Cheers,
-- Mark Brinsmead