Re: oracle EE pricing

  • From: "vit\.spinka" <vit.spinka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 15:55:08 +0100

> This was for a Std 1 license and we were going to start out with one socket
> (max 2 sockets with Std 1) and we were looking < 5k for one time and > 1k for
> annual support. That didn’t seem too bad to me. It jumped up 4x moving to
> Standard Edition but it comes with RAC.

I think the Standard Edition is underrated, and could save the day quite often.
It's just that most of us are used to EE and don't even think about SE when
thinking about new projects... True, you get RAC, you loose all the packs,
partitioning...
But quite often you can get around those limitations, there is even a product
emulating DataGuard for SE (after all, SE has all the recovery stuff too, it's
just missing the automation).

Vit