RE: oracle 9i in solaris 10 zones

  • From: "Cirillo, Joe" <joe.cirillo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx>, <roger_xu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 12:38:22 -0600

Just a heads up -

There is a bug if you run the your 9207  OMS repository database on
Solaris 10  it affected my ability to save the preferred credentials
  The workaround was to unset the environment variable LANG before
starting the OMS

When I applied the October security patch the prereq tests that check
the db version failed and the patch exited.
    The workaround was to add 5.10 to the list of OS versions allowable
in the oraparam.ini provided in the patch

Other than those 2 issues I have not seen an issue.

code from OMS startup script

            # this is required because the OEM repository is running on
sun 10 and is 9.2.0.7

                unset LANG
                /u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/bin/oemctl start oms