Re: oracle 11g dataguard on Netapps

  • From: LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joan.hsieh@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 12:51:44 +0100

Hi

You can install the binaries in NetApp volumes or local disk, it is up to
you, but if you have plenty of spaces in your local disks (now days 100 of
GB is not unusual) I dont see why you want to install them in a NAS device,
I dont see any advantage.

Again I dont have experience with NetApp snapshots but I have used EMC
Snapview which should be similar technology, you put your database in backup
mode, take the snap and end the backup mode. More or less there are steps to
get two controlfile copies and archived logs, probably googling can get you
detail steps.

Thanks

--
LSC