Re: oracle 11g dataguard on Netapps

  • From: LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joan.hsieh@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 20:57:02 +0100

Hello

I am not expert with NetApp but have some experience with DG.

You DG volume configuration should be as similar as production so when you
have to failover or switchover you can achieve similar performance and
reliability.

Oracle home can be installed either in local disk or in NetApp, I tend to
install them in local disks and tracefile in SAN or NAS. Do NOT share the
home between primary and DG! You are defeating one of purposes by doing that

Thanks

--
LSC