Re: oracle 11.2 crs permission issue

Seems like this is the way it is supposed to work...  clusterware files
really shouldn't be accessible by non-root users for security reasons.
I don't know of a way to go around this and get access from a non-root
user account.  I doubt it exists...  if it did then it would be a
security issue and would probably be removed in the next CPU/PSU.

-Jeremy

On 9/1/2011 12:43 PM, TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> In 11.1, as software owner(ie: oracle) on linux, i could read the ocr
> backups  and am writing a script to capture those AND dump ASM metadata to
> file and back those up, well in hitting 11.2, root owns the ocr backups,
> blech.
>
> Anyone worked with this and maybe a workaround so oracle user can read
> those files, please don't state the obvious, chmod, as they are owned by
> root.
>
> thanks, joe
>

> --

http://www.ardentperf.com