Re: orace linux

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:38:13 -0700

I should have added that this web page has some nice concise
instructions for installing 11g on RedHat.  Doing so on Oracle Linux
is essentially identical.

http://ivan.kartik.sk/oracle/install_ora11gR1_elinux.html

It includes locations for needed RPM's.

What it doesn't include is instructions for installing the correct
packages to start with.  "Compatible" and sysutils come to mind.

What I've done for testing purposes is set up VM templates with Linux
installed and patched, and both 10g and 11g distributions already
on disk.

Jared

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> ... just give you the packages you need for oracle ?
>>

> You only get those if you pay for Linux Support.
>

> --
> Jared Still

Jared Still