RE: ora-4031 & large_pool

  • From: Stephen.Lee@xxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 15:13:10 -0500

I forget which versions were affected, but there are versions prior to
9.2.0.4 that mismanaged the shared pool so that it gradually became more and
more fragmented until, finally, nothing else could load into it.  An
additional symptom was that all attempts to flush the shared pool failed.
Patching to 9.2.0.4 (or later, I suppose) fixes it.