Re: ora-4020 after migrating to 9204

  • From: Paul Drake <discgolfdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 12:09:25 -0700 (PDT)

--- Raj Jamadagni <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Got a report (oracle report) that uses dynamic_sql,
> the procedure name is get_network (defined
> inside the report). Since we migrated to 9204 (from
> 9202), when run from command line it shows a
> continuous stream of ora-4020 errors ... here is a
> snippet. No obvious open bugs found in
> metablink.
>
> Since I can't read ora-4020 trace file details, does
> anyone know what the heck is going on?  I
> know it is a self deadlock, matches a bug in (me
> thinks) 817 ... but was (claimed) fixed before
> 9i.
>
> As I search for more information, please let me know
> if you know how to resolve these.
> Thanks in advance
> Raj

Raj,

EXECUTE IMMEDIATE in use for DML, perhaps?
can you post the SQL that is causing this?

might you consider running a 10046 trace of the
session?

I see these at times due to DML followed by DDL via
execute immediate in a home-grown change management
system, single (restricted) session of a freshly
bounced database instance.

Pd