Re: ora-1034 error when I create a new database using dbca

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joan.hsieh@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 09:28:37 +0200

Joan,

what hardware are you runninig the dbca?

Can you create the install-scripts with DBCA (at the last page, I guess) and run these manually? There you will see much better informations when the ORA-1034 happens.

hth,
 Martin

Hi Listers,

Please help me on this, I never encounter any problems when creating a new database using dbca. The screen show the ora-32006 complaining the background_dump_dest paramter, I have edit the init file to use diagnostic_dest. So I click ignore, then ora-1034 oracle not available error come up. I have tried couple times and can't get rid of this error.

Another information is the first time was sucessful after copied all the data files to the file system. After I exit the installation window, the database is not up. So I deleted all and tried recreate the database and can't passed the ora-32006 and ora-01034 errors.

This is solaris 10 and oracle 11.1.0.7 release,

Thanks,

Joan