Re: optimizer time reported as?

  • From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:39:32 -0800

John:

I am not sure whether the parse time is directly related with number of
permutations as we have some code optimizations around that area. The
parameters like optimizer_search_limit and _new_initial_join_orders=true
takes care some of them.  And also to go to 80k permutations you need to
have atleast 9 tables in that query which is quite uncommon in standard code
.

I would file a bug (!) if that happens again :D

-Gopal