RE: optimizer rewriting query

  • From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'amit.poddar@xxxxxxxx'" <amit.poddar@xxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:42:25 -0800

There is no event as such (at least I don't know it!). However, you can look
at ML Note:149815.1 How To Use DBMS_MVIEW.EXPLAIN_REWRITE and EXPLAIN_MVIEW
To Diagnose Query Rewrite Problems. Arup has an article on Oramag which also
tackles this issue in the current issue. (there - I used the word "issue"
twice with different meanings!!)

Hth,
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Fear connects you to the Negative, but Faith connects you to the Positive! I
Jn 4:18

** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do
not reflect those of my employer or customers **