Re: openvms RAC won't start

John:
Take a look at your ora_root:[dbs]SID_<instance_name>.properties file.
Tell me what's in there.

Barb
(call me at 303-954-5384 if you need to.)

On 10/17/06, John D Parker <orclwzrd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I almost hate to ask, but here goes...

Adding a second instance to VMS RAC. It was not previously configured as
RAC. After issueing the startup command, the error returned is "ORA-00061:
another instance has a different DML_LOCKS setting". This is not true, the
init file for each instance has the exact same setting. The files are copies
of each other with the proper entries changed. OpenVMS V7.3-2 and Oracle
9.2.0.5.0. I've managed to forget most of my VMS knowledge so any help
would be appreciated.

Thx!
John

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates
starting at 1¢/min.
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman7/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://messenger.yahoo.com>